Happy Friday everyone! Can we just stop and rejoice in that for a second please?
Ahem, okay. Moving on. As a company, we’re obsessive about all things related to the world of direct mail marketing. But It’s casual Friday. Which is the day of the week where we all wear jeans to work and watch funny videos on the internet instead of working. (Just kidding, mostly).
So today we’re launching a NEW series. So many amazing, hilarious, heartwarming, and innovative things happen each week, it can be hard to keep up. Especially in the world of marketing, tech, and design. We’ll be posting a collection of our favorites from the week every Friday. Welcome to the inaugural edition of:
In Case You Missed It
SO, this week’s been a whirlwind for the internet. Bear Grylls made fire on live TV, Jim Halpert might be a serial killer, and Google debuted some weird ass head phones. What a world we live in folks.
1. Macy’s got us right in the feels with this uber emotional ad. The company released this video of their first holiday advertisement of the year. It features a heart wrenching cover of the Black Keys song Everlasting light. It’s about a little girl named Lilly who lost her mother. But a boy name Max uses a lamp he got for Christmas to invite her over for dinner via morse code. Moral of the story? The perfect gift brings people together. Pro tip: If you don’t want to cry ugly tears at work maybe bookmark this one for later.
2. Bear Grylls was on the British tv showThis Morning this week and showed his hosts how to make fire. Like actual fire. Like the badass cave man he is. He used things that normally you can’t make fire from. Because that’s just who he is.
3. Womp Womp. Sorry Google. You win some, you lose some.
4. Once you pop the fun….turns into Thanksgiving? Pringles released this bizarre ad this week for a Thanksgiving exclusive meal package. It’s an entire Thanksgiving meal made from Pringles. Weird. Or genius marketing? You decide.
5. I’m just gonna leave this right here:
6. Star Wars Nerds rejoice! The kingdom of nerdom prevails.
7. Jim Halpert gives off some very real serial killer vibes in his new flick. The teaser trailer was released yesterday. Spooky.
8. Ever sent a text only to be like OMG HOW DO I UNSEND. Well now you can thanks to an app called Line messenger. Thanks for helping us destroy the evidence of our regrettable texts, Line.
9. T-Swift proved she’s still the queen of pop with the release of her new album Look What You Made Me Do. Girl sold more albums in 4 days than any other album of 2017. #Slay
10. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Hippo’s are the new puppies. The San Diego Zoo announced this week they have named their newest hippo calf Tony. He’s about as cute as it gets.
?Drumroll please…We’re excited to announce the name of our baby hippo calf is TONY! At 2-months-old & 170 pounds, he’s still a little aquatic adventurer. https://t.co/sRFb2a7nPL #HappyAsAHippo pic.twitter.com/Act6IgbhbH
— San Diego Zoo (@sandiegozoo) November 17, 2017
Thats a wrap! Cheers to the weekend!