Happy Friday everyone! This week has been a busy one for all of us here at USD. We’re rocking and rolling into the weekend with our Friday recap of all things noteworthy in the world of direct marketing, advertising, and design. Welcome to Volume 4 of In Case You Missed It. Spoiler alert: It snowed in Texas and Amazon is playing funny pranks on people.
1. Viral internet trends just keep getting weirder and weirder. This time, everyone was losing their minds over an invisible box that’s apparently, super hard to jump over.
— Saturday Night Live – SNL (@nbcsnl) December 7, 2017
2. Pantone announced this week the color of 2018 is ultra violet purple. Neat!
3. PSA: Your embarrassing and secret Miley Cyrus playlist is no longer safe. It could end up on a two story billboard in NY! Spotify’s mixing it up with their ingenious offline marketing strategy.
5. If you see a firefighter this week, be sure to give him or her a hug. Wildfires wreaked havoc on much of Southern California and the damage is growing. Be safe out there everyone.
Click here to donate to the Red Cross to support relief efforts from the devastating California fires this week.
6. Amazon pranked an entire coffee shop full of unsuspecting latte drinkers and it was amazing. The company created this pretty video to advertise the second season of The Grand Tour.
7. Struggling to figure out how to integrate digital marketing with your direct mail campaigns? Entrepreneur released this handy guide to relieve some of your holiday stress.
8. People are not digging Starbucks latest holiday themed drink.
I heard it tastes like a combination of broken promises and girl scout cookies. Could be worse?
9. Think your office pizza party was off the chain? Think again. Astronauts made pizza in space. #Goals.
10. We’ve all heard the iconic sounds of a Cocoa Cola commercial blasting sounds of refreshment in every movie theatre in America. Visa wants to get it’s head in the game. Our prediction? Sonic branding could change the way we market in 2018.